Hillary Clinton

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hillary Clinton

Ashlee Burns and ClaraGrace Pavelka

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, democratic presidential candidate, plans to “elevate the profession of teaching”, and improve and modernize the public school system. Through Clinton’s plan, student’s will be offered new and better opportunities in computer science and modernized school systems through the Obama administration’s Build America Bonds program, which, according to the U.S. Department of Treasury, helps states and localities pursue needed capital projects.

Clinton’s plan would improve the public education system, and make it easier and more affordable for students to acquire an education beneficial to the future of the country. Students under Clinton’s plan will be able to receive a better education, despite the school they attend.

“One of the main ways Clinton’s plan to improve the school system will help children’s education is that she will give every student the opportunity to learn more about the computer  sciences,” sophomore Reagan Hayes said. “This will lead to a greater common understanding among the middle class about computers, which is good because we live in an era of computers.”

Computer skills play an important part in the quality of a student’s education, and Clinton’s plan would improve Calallen’s computer science department.

“If Clinton successfully carries this out, it will positively influence my educational future,” sophomore Julia Landivar said.

Give us your opinion on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/calpublications