Seniors dress up in their creative best

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors dress up in their creative best

Seniors Parker Tennill, Xavier Quitugua and Trey Brandon wait at the front of the gym to begin their game of dodgeball on Sept. 20. They dressed as characters from the movie

Seniors Parker Tennill, Xavier Quitugua and Trey Brandon wait at the front of the gym to begin their game of dodgeball on Sept. 20. They dressed as characters from the movie "Dodgeball."

Tabitha Jimenez

Tabitha Jimenez

Tabitha Jimenez

Juan Vasquez, Assistant Managing Editor

Seniors dressed up as movie, television and humorous characters, and really took advantage of the opportunity to be creative for their annual dress-up day on Sept. 20.

Senior dress up day is a longtime school tradition where students wear costumes with pop culture references, obscure TV show characters and many other innovative ideas.

“I dressed up as Michael Scott from the ‘Office,’ ” Paris Swenson said. “I feel like I just fit the character.” 

Many seniors decorated the hallways with their ideas and colorful costumes. Swenson dressed up with Hannah Stalb, and they came as Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute.

“We found the whole costume at Goodwill,” Swenson said. “We’ve been planning this for months.”

The characters fit Swenson’s and Stalb’s  personalities, Stalb said.

“We knew instantly who was going to be who,” she said.

Many students came as groups on senior dress up day.

“I dressed up as Selena because I’ve always looked up to her, and I’ve been looking forward to this since my freshman year,” Cassie Chapa said.

Students gave a lot of thought into senior dress up day. It was one of the few days of the year that the school dress code could be flexible.

“I went to three different stores for my costume,” Chapa said. “ I think I did pretty great, with all the hard work I put into it.”