Boys Basketball Looking Forward To Successful Season

The+boys+played+Ray+Tuesday+Nov.+13+at+Calallen.+Ray+won+the+game+with+a+17+point+lead.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The boys played Ray Tuesday Nov. 13 at Calallen. Ray won the game with a 17 point lead.

Aaron Sullivan, Reporter

The basketball District season begins on Dec. 18, and the team has a positive outlook for the upcoming games.

“We have a solid team this year and we are looking to make the playoffs,” Senior Caleb Zollicoffer said. “We are predicted to come out as the 3rd best team in our district.”

Over the past few years, basketball has had a small fan base and they want that to change. The team is practicing longer and harder to secure a place in the playoffs.

“We have been practicing our hardest every day after school from 4:00 till 7:30,” Senior Ethan Martinez said. “We are working as hard as we can because we want a great season and we want more fans.”

The basketball team believes with hard work and determination they can come out on top.

“Our first game of the season is against Ray which is number 22 in the state of Texas,” Sophomore Caleb Trujillo said. “But we are predicted to pull off the upset and beat them which will be a big achievement.”

Players to watch are:

Aaron Sullivan

Ethan Martinez

Isaiah Jordan

Caleb Zollicoffer