The Last Hurrah

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Last Hurrah

Juliana Lopez, Reporter

The Varsity Boys Basketball team played Ray on Tuesday, Feb. 6, losing 68-42. The boys fell short of a win, which took them out of the run for playoffs.

Even though they aren’t advancing to the playoffs, the boys learned many traits throughout the course of the season.

“I have learned that each person on the team has a unique quality that they offer,” senior Vicente Hernandez said. “Once we all come together as one big team, we have something many teams don’t have, brotherhood.”

This band of brothers made many memories throughout the season that will last a lifetime.

“The Calallen vs TM game is one game I will forever remember,” junior Rivers Roy said. “Each guy on the team played together, which led to us have a strong offense and defense. The crowd all on their feet made the game feel like a dream. It’s something that is so great that it is almost indescribable.”

Players on both the offense and defense, were expected to play to their full potential.

“As the youngest player on the team I feel obligated to step up my playing abilities,” sophomore Parker Tenill said. “With the help of the coaches and the players I have been able to keep up with the upperclassmen on the team.”

The boys’ final game of the season will take place at home Tuesday, Feb. 13 against Carroll.