The Wildcatter

• April 14 Baseball (9th) vs Alice, Here @ 10:00/12:30

• April 14 Baseball (jv) vs Alice, There @ 10:00/12:30

• April 13 Softball vs Ray, Cabaniss Field @ 5:30

• April 13 Baseball vs Alice, Here @ 7:00

• May 25th - Senior Walk (all day)

• May 16 - Senior awards 6 pm in the auditorium

BPA Advances To State

From left to right Chris Gomez, Andrew Harrod, Jaren Lightfoot, Kassidy Ferguson, ClaraGrace Pavelka, Bisma Butt, Alyssa Marines. The BPA club members are holding first and second place plaques from the Regional Conference at Tuloso Midway High School on Jan. 13.

ClaraGrace Pavelka, Managing Editor

All members in the Business Professionals of America club are advancing for the 23rd year in a row to the BPA State Leadership Conference held at the American Bank Center on Feb. 28 through March 3. The members will compete in an array of events such as Entrepreneurship, Presentation Management Team, Interview Skills, and P.C. Troubleshooting. Each event will prepare them for the business world.

“It feels absolutely amazing to advance to state,” junior Alyssa Marines said. “I joined BPA because I wanted to try something new and gain more experience in the business world. Now I’m advancing to state to gain even more experience. I feel so blessed to reap the benefits of my diligent efforts, hard work really does pay off.”

Mr. Roark, the BPA sponsor, helps the members after school with improving their presentations and he gives them advice on business plans. He is looking forward to guiding them to win at State and continue to Nationals.

“I am very encouraged and excited. To be apart of the Business Professionals of America organization as a sponsor is enjoyable. I have gotten a lot of pleasure with working with these young people and seeing them advance,” Mr. Roark said.

At region all members placed in the top two granting them entry to the State Leadership Conference. The members sacrificed their free time to enhance their presentations.

It took a lot of commitment to prepare for region,” Marines said. “I spent from October to January working with Mr. Roark everyday after school from 4:00-5:30 perfecting a business plan for an ice cream buffet called Swirly Days. I spent much of my time analyzing sample business plans, creating financials, and working to offer an original idea to provide frozen treats for the citizens of Corpus Christi.”

Junior Kassidy Ferguson competed in presentation management team and extemporaneous speaking. Ferguson and her team faced unexpected challenges on their journey to competition.

“We were under a lot of pressure, but we over came the situation and came home with first place in presentation management team,” Ferguson said.

With determination and perseverance, Kassidy’s team placed first in presentation management team.

“I feel accomplished and satisfied that all my hard work with my team under hard circumstances has paid off,” Ferguson said.

All BPA members are excited to compete against 2,000 students from across Texas at State.

“I can expect a lot of competition, and a lot of people gathered with just as much determination and drive as myself and my team members,” Kassidy Ferguson said.

For Kassidy and her team, they are determined to advance to Nationals in May. The group must place in the top two at State to advance to the National Leadership Conference.

“I am trying to focus on how hard I work and hope that the effort I am making will prevail,” Ferguson said.

Alyssa Marines is looking forward to learning new things, gaining more experience and creating memories with her BPA members at the State Leadership Conference.

“I am very pleased with how everything turned out and I’m really looking forward to see of what’s to come,” Marines said.