Calallen Education Foundation to hold State of the District Event

Ashlee Burns, Editor in Chief

Calallen Education Foundation (CEF) invites local businesses and community members to attend the third annual State of the District event and luncheon. This year’s event, “Building the Future”, will give community members a peek at future possibilities  and what is to come within the district.

The event will take place October 17, 11:30 am to 1 pm at the Al Amin Shrine Temple.

“Everyone we awarded a grant to was invited to the event and set up a table to demonstrate how the money was spent,” CEF Executive Director Robin Ritchey-Roy said. “It is wonderful to see how those dollars are spent, and we need the community to come out and listen.”

The band, color-guard, choir, and topcats will all participate in the event, providing entertainment and assistance.

“We want people to have interaction with the students,” Ritchey-Roy said. “We want to highlight good things happening at the district.”

CEF will be selling tables for the event, and profits will go toward teacher grants. The foundation also accepts donations on its website. CEF will also be holding its annual Casino Night on March 3.

“If people can’t afford a table or attend Casino Night, but still want to contribute they can do so using our website,” Ritchey-Roy said.