Education Foundation Awards $76,000 to CISD Programs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Middle school students build rovers using RokenBoks and other materials obtained from a previous CEF grant.

CHS Journal

CHS Journal

CHS Journal

Ashlee Burns, Managing Editor

The Calallen Education Foundation (CEF) provided $76,000 in grants Friday, March 31st. The grants were given to teachers from the East, Woodriver, Magee and high school campuses.

The funds are raised during CEF fundraisers, such as the State of the District Luncheon and Casino night. The foundation also receives donations from corporations and CISD faculty members.

“We had $128,000 requested funds,” CEF Executive Director Robin Ritchey-Roy said. “We were able to provide $76,000.”

Teachers wanting a grant were responsible for filling out an application, and every application was reviewed and scored based on a set criteria. Judges chose which requests would be granted based on the overview of the program, project, or initiative, the objective, the TEKS/explanation, district goals, lesson plan, assessment, innovation, budget and partnerships with other teacher, experts, or community member.

“The ones who put a lot into their application, we were able to provide for them,” Roy said.

The CEF as a non-profit organization relies on generous donations and volunteer work from local businesses and the community.  Information on how to donate and volunteer can be found on the CEF website.